When is election day?

Election Day for the Toronto Municipal Election is on October 22, 2018. Polls are open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Early voting begins on Wednesday, October 10 and runs until Sunday October 14 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.. All eligible voters in Ward 19 may elect to vote prior to election day at the following locations:

Beaches Recreation Centre located at 6 Williamson Road
Secord Community Centre located at 91 Barrington Avenue

Electors can also vote at City Hall from October 10 to October 14.

You may also use the City of Toronto’s MyVote page to find out where to vote.

Need a ride to the polls? Email us at info@vmaltais.com to arrange transportation.

Am I eligible to vote?

You can vote in the upcoming municipal election if you are:

  • a Canadian citizen; and

  • at least 18 years old; and

  • a resident in the City of Toronto; or

  • a non-resident of Toronto, but you or your spouse own or rent property in the City; and

  • not prohibited from voting under any law

You may only vote once in the City of Toronto municipal election regardless of how many properties you own or rent within the City. You must vote in the ward where you live.

Visit the City of Toronto website for more information. You can also get information by visiting the Toronto election office or by calling or emailing them.

Election Services
100 Queen St. W., 1st Floor
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2

89 Northline Rd.
Toronto, ON M4B 3G1

Monday to Friday (except holidays)
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Telephone: 416-338-1111
Fax: 416-395-1300
Email: elections@toronto.ca

What do you need to vote?

You will need to bring Identification (ID) when you go to vote. Remember to bring one piece of ID showing your name and qualifying Toronto address. Please note that your Voter Information Card cannot be used as a piece of ID.

What are acceptable forms of ID?

  • Ontario issued photo card, driver’s licence or motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion).

  • Cancelled personalized cheque, credit card or bank account statement.

  • Utility bill for hydro, telephone or cable TV, water, gas or a bill from a public utilities commission.

  • Cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer.

  • Statement of direct deposit for Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program.

  • Property tax assessment, income tax assessment notice, Child Tax Benefit statement.

  • Mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement.

  • Transcript or report card from a post-secondary school.

  • Document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution.

  • Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or a document issued or certified by a court in Ontario.

  • Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada).

  • Insurance policy or insurance statement.

  • Loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution.

  • Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E.

  • Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS), Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P), Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions.

  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007.

  • CNIB card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities.

  • Document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home.

  • Hospital card or record.